Friday, October 14, 2005

This captures my heart more than Gigi Leung's song

"What should the Messiah look like? A People’s Messiah who could turn stones into bread to feed the multitudes? A Torah Messiah, standing tall at the lofty pinnacle of the temple? A King Messiah, ruling over not just Israel but all the kingdoms of earth? In short, Satan was offering Jesus the chance to be the thundering Messiah we think we want…… We want anything but a Suffering Messiah…" - Philip Yancey

I have been reading "The Jesus I Never Knew" lately. This is my second time of reading this truth revealing book. I cannot help but in awe again to learn about Christ through the eyes of Philip Yancey. As usual, I learnt something new. I was totally amazed by Jesus when He was tempted in the desert. How much he had restrained himself from calling down fire to destroy the evil one. How hard it was to not choose an easy way out but going to the cross? I came to the fact that we, followers of Christ, tempt our savior to the core.

Remember how some prayers sound??
"... if you are God, you can do this..."
"... even if I endanger myself, You will protect me because You love me..."
"... give me wealth, power, and fame... God, so that I can do great things for You..."

But more than thanking God for His grace and mercy, I am impressed and touched to the utmost of who He is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home