Friday, September 23, 2005

London update again


Sept. 23, 2005

Something is so wrong with my camera.
I have no idea if it is me, who is not a tech savvy… or my beloved camera.
Frustrating.

Regardless, it still served me well when I was taking the London by night trip.
Beau-ti-ful !! The tower bridge and parliment display thier majestic view and the British pride. I spent almost 3 hours sitting on top of the open-top double-decker bus cruising around London alone. We passed through the St. James park, Victoria gate, Soho area, South Kingston, and many more… London proudly resonates its glorious charm and rich cultures. I met 2 Malaysian gals who have been on touring their long EU trip. We all stood on one great principle – “We take our lifetime journey across EU when we are still young and healthy. Walking on the street is totally different from sitting in a car.” We decided to catch up in another country, maybe in Switzerland.

Meeting a potential client for lunch 3.5 hours ago.
He turned out to be a radical God’s follower!! I was so proud and marveled by God’s plan. Mr. Zhu was one of the speakers in the Chinese Market Entry seminar. We met in the seminar and had a great time talking about business and future potential of working together. He told me, he was drawn to Dorman. We both saw the fingerprints of God again after I told him that Dorman was a pastor for 8 years. Mr. Zhu was thrilled and came to realize what a beautifully weaved plan of God.

He showed me around Notting Gate. It is indeed a cute little town; leave alone all the small hotels for the rich and famous. The street market is filled with china teacups and hard-to-find antiques. I am surprised that London is much more diversed than California and more swell than New York. I vowed to revisit this little town again.

I had a smoke chicken and avocado sandwich, and a cup of latte in 918, an Elle owned conceptual store. A brief explanation – Conceptual store is a place, where you can find boutique, restaurant, and café, an all-in-one and well-designed store.

I planned a boat trip for this evening but the weather seems to be a little unpredictable. However, I am going to Cambridge tomorrow. Mr. Zhu was kind enough to offer me a guided tour. Another mission for this trip is to meet a pastor from LA, who serves in Cambridge. Tomorrow, I shall take a train from “King’s Cross” station at 9:00am to the old Cambridge. I wonder if I will be haunted by the most intellectual ghost in the campus of Cambridge. Trinity College, here I come.

Sunday@11am, UK Hillsong is where I want to be. It is located at Tottenham Court.
More update to come…

1 Comments:

Blogger angeline said...

hmm...very jing jing kind of holiday. veryyou!!! so you!!!!

9:23 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home