Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Zoe's qustions - Part I

I always wonder why generosity is such a rare gem. I wonder why a cheerful giver is such a hard-to-find. I wonder why favoritism and self-center sneak in the picture of life.

I wonder why a kindly smile is so scarce nowadays. I wonder why writing a check to someone in needs or support a ministry is unbelievable. I wonder why we question and condemn God of His sovereignty over death and poverty, when we position ourselves as bystanders.

I wonder why showing thankfulness and showering our friends and love ones with good gifts and words of praise are such demanding acts. I wonder how the figures on bank account could contribute a second of joy and satisfaction, when number gives no value or whatsoever if it stays as it is. I wonder why the relativity between time and money casts a small gap, when evidently no man on earth can turn back the clock.

I wonder why people choose money over time. I wonder why we buy good gifts to people close to us, yet give average or poor gifts to acquaintances. I wonder why we tend to keep the best things for ourselves but share our lousy mess with the world.

I wonder why people try to save $10 – 20 bucks weekly grocery, which requires 10 years to save up to $5200 – 10,400 (after the calculation of net present value, the end value is much lesser than expected) but spend hundreds of thousand dollars to redeem their poor health. I wonder why being ambassadors of Christ, we neglected of our attitudes, appearances, manners, diet, mindset, life standards, worldwide view, and etc? I wonder why we present ourselves closer to losers than winners?

Why is that? Why??

God answered my questions this morning when I was making myself a cup of coffee. He said, “… self-victimization. People assume the position of being victimized…” I was like “Huh?!” but as always… He made it clear.

Let me explain in my next entry…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home