Monday, August 15, 2005

His story didn’t end there

This morning God spoke to me 4 times
- A song, a reminder, a strong affirmation, and a message.

A Song:
When I woke up this morning, the song “One Desire” echoed in my mind. Once I got into my car, I picked up a hillsongs CD in hope of finding it.

A Reminder:

When the “One Desire” was playing behind the background, I was reminded of the revelation that God showed Angeline. It was like a truth became a personal experience, a transformation of knowledge into imprint - He knows my heart and He hears me.

A Strong Affirmation:
Just right after I merged into freeway 237, He said, “I am enough for you.” My tears welled up because at that moment, I couldn’t be more convinced that Christ alone is enough for me. I almost wanted to declare my lifetime celibacy but He stopped my thought. Isn’t He funny?

A Message:
At church, Pastor Adam preached about the story of the alabaster jar. This story is my all time favorite story in Luke 7:36-50. Nevertheless, my revelation was about the cost of the alabaster jar…
Mary paid a high cost of sins in exchange of an alabaster jar and nard perfume. How about us? We also pay a high cost of sins in exchange of something… Pride? Fame? Money? Temporary happiness? But when we bring all these things back to the feet of Christ, there we find forgiveness and freedom. The best part is that Christ does not just forgive our sins but He allows us to love Him back.

That was the reason that His story did not end at the cross, but began on the third day… and He promised to come back for us.

“One Desire”
You gave it all for me
My soul desire
My everything
All I am is devoted to You
How could I fail to see You are the love that rescued me
And all I am is devoted to You
And oh, how could I not be moved Lord here with me
So have Your way in me
Cause Lord there is just one thing
That I will seek
This is my cry My one desire
Just to be where You are Lord Now and forever
It's more than a song My one desire
Is to be with You Is to be with You Jesus
The one thing The one thing I ask
Is to be with You

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us. We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed.

2 Cor 4: 7-9

And thus we are able to reflect/deflect all that we are back to God so that He might be glorified.
Sorry only read ur last 3 posts today so this is in reply to all 3.

Be blessed because what you have found is what others who have millions in material things, would give it all up for. He truly is the Pearl of Greatest Prize.

1:10 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home