Wednesday, October 26, 2005

I tried to be nice

My company is having a Pre-Thanksgiving potluck tomorrow. Katherine walked around the rows asking people to kindly bring something. I thought of bringing something, the - ready made whatever. Before I had my easy-way-out idea registered, Mona looked at me innocently and commented that how I always brought "good looking" food for lunch and it's time to share. For a split of second, I did not know what to say... ok, you mean I just have to bring a "good looking" dish? And "tasting good" is not the priority?

The "good looking" dish was stuck in my mind ever since that conversation. I have to confess that it has been a while I have not cooked a good meal. Guilty. So, I tried to be nice but according to my level of laziness I chose something I thought to be "easy" - 炒冬粉 - stir fried clear noodles. Imagine, how colorful it would be with orangey-carrots, greenish peas, yellowish corns, blackish mushrooms, and golden eggs. I thought it must fit the "good looking" profile.

As usual (not too usual, just sometimes, well... whatever), my perfect idea turned out to be a mess. I had my clear noodles everywhere, corns everywhere, peas everywhere, and mess everywhere. Also, consider how difficult it is to stir-fry them... hang on to that thought, I literally working my both arms to death, just to "stir" them. So I ended up washing 2 cooking pots, 1 pan, several plates and silverwares, and cleaned up "almost" the whole kitchen.

... Just to make the "good looking" dish.
Now that it's done. I can only hope that it tastes good. Well, and looks good.

1 Comments:

Blogger angeline said...

i just responded.

2:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home