Wednesday, January 24, 2007

So and so...

Never a dull moment.
My car was hit by a Chinese woman, who was distracted from looking a parking spot, in front of the 24hour fitness. Nothing too major but chips and dens are inevitable. Thank God the lady did not have a bad attitude. She admitted she did not see me nor hear me honking like mad. Ah! Who was at fault?? It is way easy to say it was not I but I will let the so-called adjusters to determine. My adjuster on high is the Lord. I have presented my case and I trust His righteousness will rule over my daily life.

It cracked me up that the lady even asked me, “so… aren’t you coming in to workout? We can do it together…” Who knows if this is the lost soul that belongs to the Lord? I will make my move to her once everything is settled. Even though I am not fond of going through the repair, insurance claiming process, and try to “justify” myself before two adjusters from both insurance companies, I will praise God for the extraordinary peace He gave me. I was disturbed due to shock more than the damage occurred. Nevertheless, the Lord is faithfullyprotecting me, physically and emotionally. He is a good God.

Two days ago… I discovered something that I would wish not to know. I wondered why it seemed so familiar and I instantly realized that I had been through this similar-yet-different conversation with Kerk Fong. As if I have some sort of captivating aura around me that attracts this similar spirit. When I was about to turn and run… Hua Jing reminded me that they trusted me and felt more than comfortable to be around with me. Suddenly, I thought of Jesus. I thought of the ugly truth that Philip Yancey pointed out – “Why sinners are no longer attracted to Christians?” I am put in a position where I feel flattered yet afraid. I hate to see helplessness in them. I hate to acknowledge the spirits that imprison these beautiful people. I hate to provide no comfort and fail to show them the mercy and love of Christ - when they are running away from Him. I hate being silent and not able to convince them that the Lord’s plan and His design is perfect for them. I hate to suffer from the spilt-over spiritual force. I pray that the Lord grand me wisdom and give me an understanding heart. There is indeed a purpose why I was reading “What’s so amazing about grace?”

“… I never find forgiveness easy, and rarely do I find it completely satisfying. Nagging injustices remain, and the wounds still cause pain. I have to approach God again and again, yielding to Him the residue of what I thought I had committed to Him long ago. I do so because the Gospels make clear the connection: God forgives my debts as I forgive my debtors. The reverse is also true: Only by living in the stream of God’s grace will I find the strength to respond with grace towards others… A cease-fire between human beings depends upon a cease-fire with God.” – “What’s so amazing about grace? - An Unnatural Act. “- Philip Yancey

On the other hand of forgiveness, grace serves as a compass to help me find a way back to Him through accepting my faults and guilt, and to embrace precious lost souls who have stained by sins.

I know that what I am doing now and what have started to change in this year are shaking up the devil. Though no weapon formed against me shall prosper and every second of my life is under the full covenant of Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior. His sacrifice has poured down anointing, power, protection, mercy, and everlasting love on me. For this cause, I stand, and I win.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chin, I hope you and your car are alright. Thank God for the peace He has given you. You may not see me online often in the next few days or so as I am busy preparing for my move, but I will catch up with you after that. Take care!

Joo Sim

9:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home