Thursday, December 14, 2006

After the trip

Well, I got sick on the day I came back. On top of that, I was fighting over jetlag like mad...
Finally, after some struggles, I am back to normal. Cough has not totally left me but I am sure I am healed and my body is catching up.

I think something has changed in me. Even though I cannot pinpoint what it is, I know something is different. I am eager to find out the new sides of myself. Certainly, I believe that the change is for better. Somehow, I suspect I came to know more about myself during the hectic traffic in Penang, hanging out with family members, and witnessing two beautiful weddings. The trip enabled me to see my imperfections and it softened my heart.

There were times I was angry with myself being impatient and loosing temper. Of course, I blamed it to the hot weather and rudeness of the inconsiderate people. Nevertheless, it was me who failed to put up with changes, pressure, and what others consider as "normal." There were also times, words from my mouth did not come out right and I had to pray in tongue to withdraw strength from the Lord. It is funny that I found myself feeling "inferior" and "left behind." I clearly knew that it was the devil playing tricks in my mind and asserting thoughts that were lies. Thank God, for He is faithful. I thank the Lord for His blood. Otherwise, I'd have to look at the crimson red stains of sins and most likely detest myself to death.

I am excited though. I am excited that 2007 is approaching. The new season is at the door knocking. I am ready for a bigger breakthrough, a higher calling, a greater purpose, a deeper acknowledgement of the Lord's grace, a stronger love bound with the Lord, and a more perfected self in God's eyes... I am ready.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A wonderful post! We are never perfect and never will be, but our faithful God is always there to help us. It's good to know something new about ourselves because the new discovery will help us grow. I agree that 2007 will surely be better than 2006 because you will be closer towards the goal to win the prize which God has prepared for you :)

-- Joo Sim

8:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey there ... Zoe :p
yah .. it's a sad truth, isn't it?
until and unless we are paid into "fire" we won't know our true self.
it's good to discover who we are .. just pray that God be "extra" merciful + gracious during the time of discovery :p
Our action during the discovery may create earthQuake, volcanic eruption & tsunami effect to ourself or ppl whom we in contact with ... hahaha
Ain't we all like clay, being mould every moment by our Potter for His masterpiece?
Stay strong, stay healthy, stay sweet & stay cute :p
Blessed belated Christmas to you & also to Tommy.

8:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oopps ....
the 2nd anonymous from me ... jaumeng hahahaha.

8:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home