Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Isaiah 40:31

I had abandoned blogging for weeks.
I spent my past weeks working, shopping, and shopping… did I mention “shopping”?
… Just to get ready to head back for all the weddings and meetings with family.

The heaviness that I mentioned on my previous entry left me after a day or two I posted the entry. As if once I declared war, the enemy fled the battle ground. So, I won. Nevertheless, I know the haunting will come back one day because we will never cease the longing of wholeness in this yet to be perfected world. It is like going through the whinny road and the valley of distress, I realize that my joy is full in the Lord.

Words became rhema to me this morning when I heard Isaiah 40: 29-31 was read by an innocent voice of a little boy.

Trusting and following the Lord does not exempt us from tribulation. It does not prevent us from loosing hopes and being discouraged. It does not as well isolate us from being swapped away from this overwhelming life. There will be times, when we are at the bottom of a pit hole, when we thought we lost it all, when we have no strength to hope and dream again, when we are heart broken to the point tears are frozen within, when we wake up every morning and wonder why we live, and when our prayers become the greatest disappointment... BUT, we can always come back up again. We can always find new hope and new strength. It is His faithfulness and love gives us courage to ignite small flame of hope and turn it into a consuming fire.

Isaiah 40: 29-31
29 He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak.
30 Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall;
31 but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength.

They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home