Thursday, July 27, 2006

You can trust Him

I am on a withdrawal mode. My pile of work went down insignificantly and new projects are at the door knocking. So, I am anticipating about another four projects coming in soon and I will be the PM for at least three of them. I guess, I need another raise ^_^

Other than work, I have been reading Job, a man who God called him “blameless.” He was a man, who went through a life tragedy, a sequel of dramas, accusations from his close friends, and health deterioration. Even though he could barely keeping himself sane, he made a remarkable cry-out, “Though he slay me, yet will I hope in him,” at Job 13:15. The book gave me an insight in comforting people who are going through hell in their lives and it also presented the sovereignty of the Most-High God.

The heart-cried comments that I usually hear from people, who are battling through lives or feeling defeated in certain areas, are “I am not good enough,” “I haven’t been treated right,” “They said…” “I want to be well but I am hurt,” “That is it,” and etc.

I understand that there are people who really want to be healed and would do anything to get out of looser syndromes. While, there are others who just like to talk about it and fish for another audience to make them feel better. However, I have sympathy for all of them, I believe in victorious living not indwelling pain. Pastor Steve Hage said it right that we don’t have a problem with faith; we just have unmended wounds and empty promises in our souls. If we believe that a single sinner’s prayer can forgive all our sins and gives us eternal lives, we don’t have a problem with faith.

It is the spoken word that strikes deeper than a dagger. It is the pain in our souls that stops us from hoping a higher hope and dreaming a bigger dream. It is the memory that as fresh as yesterday suggests that the devastating incidence will continue. It is the same person that tells us there is no way out.

Some time ago, I struggled with these haunting “experience,” as if I could not be where I want to be or fulfill the will of God. I questioned even if God’s forgiveness was enough.

I came to term with my struggles. Because I know that the haunting will not cease but I can be transformed from glory to glory when I am in the very God of presence. I know that if I just keep my eyes on the Lord, whatever hardship it may be, His grace is enough for me. I know that if I keep living in a microscopic life, I am missing the majesty of His doing. I know no matter how much I struggle, He is sustaining me all along.

The good news is, " No one whose hope is in you (God) will ever be put to shame" - Psalm 25:3. And as far as I know, He never let go...

Matt Redman -
You Never Let Go
From the album Passion 06: Everything Glorious

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death
Your perfect love is casting out fear
And even when I’m caught in the middle of the storms of this life
I won’t turn back
I know You are near

And I will fear no evil
For my God is with me
And if my God is with me
Whom then shall I fear? Whom then shall I fear?

Chorus:
Oh no, You never let go
Through the calm and through the storm
Oh no, You never let go
In every high and every low
Oh no, You never let go
Lord, You never let go of me

And I can see a light that is coming for the heart that holds on
A glorious light beyond all compare
And there will be an end to these troubles
But until that day comes

We’ll live to know You here on the earth

Chorus:

Yes, I can see a light that is coming for the heart that holds on
And there will be an end to these troubles
But until that day comes
Still I will praise You, still I will praise You

Chorus: (2x’s)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home