Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Zero Distance

Alison shared her first “rhema” (revelation), Romans 8: 38-39, on Monday. I love the way she put it – NOTHING can come between God and I. I have known this scripture as nothing can separate us from God but I found it hard to picture that there’s NO distance between God and I. To you, it may seem the same but to me, it is not.

You can harbor something without separating yourself with your love one. A couple could stay together but anger might sneak in, jealousy might spring out, disappointment might strike, and I can go on and on through the list.

To prevent all negative attributes and sins in God’s eyes, I have been hard on myself. I want to do what pleases God, I want to lay down who I am today to speed up the process of transformation, and I want to be completed in His image. Along the journey, I forgot this one thing – He has accepted me as who I am. It is not about future, but today. It is not about how hard I try but how still I can rest in His arms. It is not about what I can do to please Him, but acknowledge the fact that He is already pleased of who I am today, now, this moment.

This is a true freedom. There is nothing can come between us!! No sin, no shame, nobody, no nothing can come between us through the blood of Christ.

What a great reminder!!

Romans 8:38-39

38For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. (New International Version)

38I'm absolutely convinced that nothing--nothing living or dead, angelic or demonic, today or tomorrow, 39high or low, thinkable or unthinkable--absolutely nothing can get between us and God's love because of the way that Jesus our Master has embraced us. (The Message)

38For I am persuaded beyond doubt (am sure) that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities, nor things impending and threatening nor things to come, nor powers, 39Nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation will be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. (Amplified Bible)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home