Monday, March 20, 2006

Running Away and Sweetly Broken

Running away? You must be kidding me.

I had been bewildered for a while in regard to my work and life. Sometimes, I doubt if what I am doing directly becoming the hands and feet of Christ. How could I converse this thought of mine into words? Idleness and a life without a vision drain me. It doesn’t sound like me at all because it is not who Zoë is.

Has a frightful voice questioned you that, what if your life is wasted? Just like any others, totally wasted? You have wasted your life in reaching career goals, fighting over meaningless political battles, saving for material and status possessions, trading opportunities to love and to be loved for a foolish idea, and so on and so forth?

I woke up this morning and made up my mind to cease this turbulence. Usually I reject no perplexity and welcome healthy struggles but I have come to the point of re-bounce. If the devil thinks that feelings and circumstances can blind me from pursuing my Beloved, he will soon realize that he has lost the battle to the ultimate.

My prayers might seem to be hitting unfathomable silent walls but the Bible says that the prayer of the righteous one is powerful and effective. There are times when I abhor this superficial and shallow world, whereas the Lord tells us to be mindful of things above. I can’t help to thank God for this brokenness and daunting. For these, I appreciate every blessing and who He is.

Only when we take our sins seriously, we learn to treasure the greatness and grace of His sacrifice and resurrection! The incompleteness drives us to His arms; the desire for all things new ascertains us of His unchangeable promise.

Running? You must be kidding.
I was made for His glory and I am trained for overcoming battles.
The Father is in me, and the Holy Spirit is guiding me.

Bring it on and you will see what it means by “Arise and shine!”


If I am going through a “sweetly broken” pathway, I am sure I am heading to the “sweetly restored” eternity.

Jeremy Riddle - Sweetly Broken
From the album Sweetly Broken

To the cross I look, to the cross I cling
Of its suffering I do drink
Of its work I do sing
For on it my Savior both bruised and crushed
Showed that God is love
And God is just

Chorus:
At the cross You beckon me
You draw me gently to my knees, and I am
Lost for words, so lost in love,
I’m sweetly broken, wholly surrendered
What a priceless gift, underserved life
Have I been given
Through Christ crucified
You’ve called me out of death
You’ve called me into life
And I was under Your wrath
Now through the cross I’m reconciled

Chorus:
In awe of the cross I must confess
How wondrous Your redeeming love and
How great is Your faithfulness

(2x’s)Chorus:
Label: Vineyard Music

1 Comments:

Blogger KK said...

"Running? You must be kidding.
I was made for His glory and I am trained for overcoming battles.
The Father is in me, and the Holy Spirit is guiding me.

Bring it on and you will see what it means by “Arise and shine!”"

-Couldn't have said it better... Keep the faith Zoe!

12:41 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home