Monday, February 04, 2008

Going through Snow Storm

I just came back from a client visit in East Coast. After going through so many adventurous events, I need a break. I slept for 12 hours from Friday to Saturday. Apparently, I am not the only one that was trapped in the snow storm that swept through the Midwest and East Coast last week.

Life is going well. Some moments in life, I can feel that everything is perfect. I do not need exceeding materials to make me happy; I do not need an overwhelming attention to feel wanted and important; I do not even need to reach perfection in order to live a meaningful life. No matter if we like it or not, time will slip through us quietly while we are given the same measure of tokens. Therefore, remember to smile a little more, love a little deeper, forgive a little quicker, and rejoice a little faster. We are meant to seize every moment and make it shine.

The other day, we are discussing about believing the Bible word by word and what it meant to be committed. I have my own perspectives, of course.

Do I believe the Bible? Absolutely! I believe the violence and the great promises in the Bible. I believe every single event that took place in the history. I believe the new world to be unfolded. I believe my Lord Jesus Christ died for my sins and rose up on the third day and now sitting at the right hand of God. I believe He is coming back to me. So, would the Bible lost in translation? Would the timeline in the Bible be off the chart? I think so. Does it challenge my faith and my decision on following Christ? No, not at all. Every theology has flaws where interpretation may be lost. But I have the deposit of the Holy Spirit in my soul, which “fact” alone can never overrule the TRUTH.

Commitment -
I like how Michael Pitt put it. Commitment surpasses emotions, feelings, and happiness. Commitment stays on where it is even when nothing goes our ways. Even in the darkest night, commitment says, “I ain’t going anywhere.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home